200g of aquafaba
80g of caster sugar
150g of dark chocolate, broken into pieces
200ml of coconut cream
Poached Pear (for 2 pears)
200g caster sugar
1 cinnamon stick
1 vanilla pod
1 orange zest
15g pistachios, toasted and roughly chopped
1. Begin by peeling the pears. Place the sugar and water in a pan and heat, gently stirring until the sugar has dissolved. Add the pears and simmer until softened. A knife should easily pierce through. Slice the pear in half lengthways.
2. Place the aquafaba in a bowl and using an electric mixer, whisk until white and thick. This can take up to 10 minutes on high speed. Add the sugar and whisk again until stiff and thick.
3. While you are whisking the aquafaba, place the chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water. Leave it to melt, trying to not to stir.
4. Place the coconut cream in a separate small saucepan and heat through gently. When the chocolate is melted, pour the hot coconut cream over the chocolate and stir to bring it together until smooth.
5. Spoon the aquafaba meringue into the chocolate, folding it in gently until you have a smooth mix with no streaks. Don’t be vigorous with the stirring, as you don’t want to knock out all the air. Cover and leave the bowl to set in the fridge for 2 hours or spoon into smaller ramekins and leave to set before serving.
6. Mix the halva and the chopped pistachios together to form a nutty crumble. Serve with the chocolate mouse and poached pears.