These are super easy to whip up and great to keep a store of in the fridge for whenever you're running out the house or fancy a healthy sweet snack. The peanut butter combined with the sticky sweet dates and syrup makes the perfect guilt-free combo. This recipe is dairy free, uses all natural sugars and is gluten free so you really can't go wrong here! And feel free to substitute for whatever you have in the house; fruits, raisins and any nuts and seeds
Prep 15 minutes | Cook 30 minutes | Cuts into 12
230g Rolled Oats
75g Blanched Almonds
40g pumpkin/sunflower/sesame seeds
200g Pitted Dates
5 tbsp Peanut Butter
3 tbsp Agave syrup (can also use honey)
2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
100g Chopped Dried Fruit (I use apricots and cranberries)
50g Dark Chocolate (optional)
1. Heat the oven to 200C/180C fan. Mix the oats, almonds and seeds and spread them on a baking tray. Put in the oven for 15 minutes until they begin to turn slightly golden.
2. Add the dates to a blender with a splash of water and blitz till thick and sticky.
3. In a saucepan, heat the peanut butter, syrup and add the blended dates. Stir through on a low heat till the mixture becomes runny.
4. Transfer the oat mix to a bowl and add the cinnamon. Pour in the date mix, add the chopped cranberries and apricots and mix well till evenly combined.
5. Press the mix tightly into a lined baking tray and return to the oven for another 10/15 minutes. Leave to cool slightly before slicing into 12 pieces.
6. When completely cool, gently melt the dark chocolate in a heat-proof bowl over boiling water and when runny, drizzle over the bars or dip them in to cover completely.